Are you a fan of peonies or poppies, Roses or ranunculuses? There are so many options when it comes to wedding flowers. It’s important to find and hire a florist that understands your vision and can create a design style similar to what you envision for your big day. These are the essential questions to ask your potential florist in order to ensure you have the bridal bouquet you want.
This list can be printed and taken to your florist appointment.
The wedding date
- Is there a wedding date that is available?
- What number of other events or weddings will you have to schedule on the same date?
- Are you familiar with the location of my ceremony or reception? Are you familiar with the locations?
- Do you have the time and availability to conduct a walk-through of the venue before the wedding? Do you charge an additional fee to do a venue walk-through?
- Do you think you’d be able to do my arrangements or would another florist?
- What time should you start creating the bouquets and arrangements? How long do they need to be stored?
- Are you able to afford a minimum amount of flowers?
- Are you able to work within my budget?
- Which suggestions can you make to increase my budget?
- Are you able to offer customized packages?
- What length of time have you been in the business?
- How many weddings did you attend?
- Do you have photos of recent weddings that you can show me?
- What would you describe as your design style? (e.g. traditional, modern, rustic, organic)
- What floral arrangement would you recommend based on your wedding style and my budget?
- Based on your budget, the season, colour palette and time of year, which flowers would you recommend?
- Do you have the ability to grow organic, pesticide-free or sustainably produced flower varieties?
- What flowers can I substitute to make my budget more affordable?
- Can you create a bouquet or centrepiece? I like it if I send you a photo?
- Which types of vases would you recommend? Do I have to rent the vase from you or keep them?
- Can you also provide other decorations (aisle runners, trees, candelabras and votives, mirrors etc.) These items can be rented. What will this do to the overall cost of these items?
- Do you have the ability to create samples arrangements before I sign the contract? Is there an additional charge for creating sample arrangements?
- If I want to add flowers to my wedding cakes, will you be able to work with me? Is there an additional setup charge if this is the case?
- Based on the colour scheme and flowers, what colour lighting would you recommend?
- I need your help to preserve my bouquet after the wedding. Can you recommend anyone?
Payment & Logistics
- How can you price your floral arrangements correctly?
- Do you charge a delivery fee?
- Is there an additional charge for setting up and taking down the floral decorations?
- What time do you need for setup?
- When will you be available to deliver flowers and arrange the reception?
- Are there additional fees if you need to be available for the entire ceremony in order to make arrangements at the reception?
- Are there additional fees that are not being taken into consideration?
- How far in advance should I reserve your services?
- What is the deposit amount, and when is it due to being paid?
- When is the final payment due?
- When do I need to place my order?
- I want to receive a detailed floral proposal, including prices and details for all elements.
- How do you refund orders that are cancelled for any reason?
- When can you expect me to receive my contract?